Monday, October 11, 2004

Today's coffee

...was roasted last friday at my house. Which means it is stale. I roasted mostly african beans (Harrar and Yirgacheffe and Kenyan and one esspresso, which means I burned it, Costa Rican).

We (my co-workers and me) use a Hario Deco 5 and you can see a pic of it in the next post...

We control the brew time and have enjoyed discovering the art of cupping, although no where close to mastery.

We started because we are on a health kick...(which is a topic for another post). But SUGAR IS KILLING US ALL!

So, my two coworkers (I shall refer to them as T and E) who drink coffee started with sugar substitutes and landed on Stevia for awhile but were not satisfied.

E researched and wanted to buy the Hario and suggested that "real coffee" could be taken black and taste better. I saw the picture of this thing and said i was willing to chip in just to see it. The rest is...

Since then we have bought over $200 of green coffee beans and over $200 of coffee makers, grinders, roasters, etc.

That's today's coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home