Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Calvin and Hobbs, er Armenian?

So...I was forwarded a blog last week and I had to create reply. I wasn't sure anyone read it, and it makes no sense here, without the context but here it is anyway...

If you wish to see the original blog go here...
Johnny Hunt 4 Prez



I stumbled upon this blog (and question how many have done the same...for fear that this may be too public a forum for those outside the faith and those who are young in the faith to resolve as healthy discourse).

I am not a seminary student/alum (and this blog may have ruined it for me), but attend (er, have my "membership") a SBC church in Georgia (perhaps my church could be called a mega church in recession, in the process of dyeing or being reborn depending on the offering that sunday) but not Woodstock FBC. BUT, I have all but given up on the SBC church as an over-governed corporation and not the bride it is called to be. I have no friend posting here and basically no ax to grind (yeah right). I have come to grips that I am not a 5 point Calvinist, but don’t place me neatly in your “Armenian” box either.

I heard my first sermon from Caner last month (in fact, I heard two but I found them to be quite the same) and respect him as a teacher who reaches some who need to hear Christ thru his method. (Which is just another way of saying Caner’s teaching style is not the style I prefer). But, I will dare not judge his doctrine and I will not judge Johnny Hunt’s doctrine. (Contrast that to the prosperity preacher of the moment, who I publicly decry for lack of orthodoxy).

I do not know Johnny Hunt personally, but the line of questioning that he does not know 100, or even 10 in his flock and does not knock on the doors of his neighbors and community…for shame!

My ax grinds here…do not think that a “mega church” cannot be any more relevant, or “healthy” or local, as is implied repeatedly in these posts, than a smaller congregation. Spirit bears witness and not the size.

There I said it (I bargain that this falls on deaf ears due to the number of posts).

To the posts with personal attacks on these men a warning, out of the same mouth blessing and cursing!

To those who are spurned to action, ACT!

There are too many wordsmiths, of which I am one; let us be doers also (yea, Lord change me)!

Soli Deo Gloria
Solo Christo
Sola Gratia
Sola Fide
Sola Scriptura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home